I think we can agree that most of us enjoy a little mexican inspired fiesta once in awhile! Tonight I was craving something along the lines of tacos and came up with this healthier version!
What you will need:
450g lean ground chicken
1 head of lettuce — make sure it has large enough leaves to be used as wraps
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
1/2 orange pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1 tomato, minced
1 large onion (1/2 sliced for sautéing & 1/2 minced for salsa)
1/4 cup frozen corn
1 large avocado
2 tsp lime juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Pepper & salt
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add in thawed ground chicken with 2 tsp of chili powder. Cook until done (no sign of pink through the chicken). Add a pinch of ground sea salt and pepper.
3. Remove chicken from the heat.
4. Add 1 tbsp olive to the skillet and sauté vegetables for ~8 minutes on med-high heat (yellow pepper, red pepper, orange pepper, 1/2 onion) and add 1 clove crushed garlic.
5. While these are sautéing prepare your ‘salsa’. Mince the onion, tomato, frozen corn, and avocado and combine in a bowl with 2 tsp lime juice and 1 clove of crushed garlic. Add a pinch of ground sea salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the cooked ground chicken back into the skillet with the mixed vegetables and cook for another 3 minutes on low-medium heat.
8. Add your sautéed vegetables, salsa, and chicken to your lettuce wrap and enjoy 🙂