2 large boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Cook 1/2 cup sprouted quinoa in 1 cup water. Put in pot, bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Once finished allow to cool and store in refrigerator until ready to prepare.
2. Combine cooked quinoa and rest of ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. Preheat oven/toaster oven to 375F.
4. Chop chicken breast into chicken strips and coat each one completely in the quinoa mixture.
5. Put on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
6. Bake for ~35-40 mins until browning and chicken is cooked thoroughly throughout (no pink).
Honey Mustard Dip:
Mix in a bowl:
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp greek yogurt (plain 0%)
1 1/2 tbsp honey
Note: if you have a nut allergy … Swap the almond flour for an oat flour to keep it gluten-free and make it also nut-free!