I am addicted to popcorn.. and it’s not so bad of a snack after all! (if you make it at home). I have an air pop popper to make my popcorn at home which I strongly recommend if you love popcorn too!
Facts on air-popped popcorn:
- It has only ~30 calories per cup
- It is a whole grain. Whole grains are higher in fiber, vitamins, and minerals compared to other refined grains. Whole grains contain all three parts of the kernel.
- It is low in fat and calories!
- It is sugar free!
- Popcorn also contains a source of fiber (1.2g per cup). Fiber is so important for regulating bowel movements and controlling blood sugars (blood glucose).
- It is also a source of potassium and phosphorus.
My favourite way to eat my air popped popcorn adds a couple more calories 😉 I drizzle maple syrup and ground sea salt on my popcorn for a natural sweet and salty flavour! MMMM
Avoid movie theatre popcorn and flavoured/buttered microwave popcorn as they contain large amounts of added trans fats, saturated fats, and sodium.
One thought on “Facts on Popcorn! (MY all-time favourite snack)”
Yum! I love pop-corn too but have been really lazy lately and just buying pre made caramel popcorn.
The sweet and salty combo sounds great 🙂