I created these crunch cookies with the unhealthy (tasty) macaroons in mind. The difference is that this version uses real and healthy ingredients.
What you will need (makes ~12 cookies):
1 cup brown rice crisp cereal (I used OneDegree foods Vegan Sprouted cereal found at Bulk Barn)
1 cup dark chocolate wafers, melted (>70% cacao)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. On a stove-top on medium heat, melt the dark chocolate wafers in a pot. Continuously mix until completely melted. Turn the burner off.
2. Add 1 cup brown rice cereal into a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour 1/2 cup of melted dark chocolate into the mixing bowl and stir to coat the crisps.
4. Add the coconut and dried cranberries to the bowl and continuously mix to coat the mixture in dark chocolate.
5. On a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper, spoon the mixture into cookie sized nests.
6. Place in the refrigerator, keep chilled, and eat chilled.