Good morning friends! Happy Tuesday 🙂 We had so many over-ripe bananas at our house that needed to be used up… so I decided to create a new banana muffin recipe. This recipe is gluten-free and I use the wonderful corn flour by One Degree Organics to do so. You can find their flours and products at many grocery stores in the natural food section. Additionally, bulk barn carries a lot of their products.
These muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. 90 calories per muffins made of all delicious and nutritious ingredients!
Ingredients: (makes ~9 muffins)
- 4 small bananas, mashed
- 1 cup corn flour (One Degree Organics corn flour)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- ground sea salt
- dark chocolate chips as desired
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Add in wet ingredients one at a time, with regular mixing.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips when all mixing of ingredients is complete.
- Using a spoon, scoop batter into paper muffin cups lined in a muffin tin. If you do not have muffin cups, I advise you use butter, spray, or a type of oil on the muffin tin so that these do not stick.
- Bake for ~18-20 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy 🙂
I like to store ours in the fridge. However, you can keep them on the counter. Whatever you like most! 🙂
Nutrition Facts per muffin: 90 calories, 3.5g fat, 15.9g carbs, 1.6g protein
2 thoughts on “Cocoa Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)”
Love these!! We will definitely be trying them!
Awesome! Let me know what you think 🙂