These guys are packed with ingredients to keep you satisfied until your next meal. They are a great snack as they contain healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates from all the nutrient dense ingredients. The unrefined sugar and high fibre content will not spike your blood glucose, but rather leave you satisfied and fulfilled! These cookies are definitely allowed for breakfast 😉
Ingredients (Makes ~18 cookies):
- ½ cup rye flour
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted to liquid.
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp ground sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup nut butter, softened (almond butter is what I used)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp maple sugar (or omit for more coconut sugar)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla Silk Cashew Milk
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites (omit for flax eggs if you would like these to be vegan)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (at least 70%)
- Sprinkle the tops with maple sugar before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients one at a time with regular mixing.
- Form batter into small cookie sizes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the tops of eat cookie with maple sugar or coconut sugar before baking.
- Bake for ~15 minutes until the bottom has become slightly browned.
- Enjoy 🙂
One thought on “The Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie (Dairy Free)”