I love the weekend! Especially in the mornings when I have plenty of time to try out new recipes and play wth ingredients in the kitchen. Today I created…. ROUND TOAST! 😉
Ever since I was a kid we have always called English Muffins “Round Toast”…. but for all of you to understand what the heck I’m talking about.. I have called them English Muffins in the title. They turned out great and are so quick and easy. This round toast is a great healthier homemade alternative to regular bread. No added sugar and highly processed refined flours. This recipe is also gluten-free.
Recipe for 1 english muffin:
Mix in a small casserole dish (microwave dish):
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (I use Hilray Large Flake Oats to make mine)
- 1 tbsp Chia or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tbsp egg whites (can omit for more apple sauce to be vegan)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ground sea salt.
*microwave for 2 minutes, slice, and toast!
Have a great Sunday! 🙂
2 thoughts on “2-Minute Microwave English Muffin!”
Thank you for a good comparison. Your advice helped me a lot.
Glad I can help 🙂