After my smoothie bowl post the other day, I wanted to provide you with the newest granola recipe I whipped up for a breakfast nutrition class at Sobeys the other day.
Quick, easy, crunchy, chunky, and delicious!
Maple Pecan Granola (~Serves 15 as a topping)
- 2 cup large flake oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill extra thick organic oats)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-natural maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp psyllium seed husk (for a fibre boost – you can swap this out or add in flax meal, chia seeds etc)
- 3 tsp spelt flour (or whole grain flour of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 275F
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and evenly combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute the granola mixture across the pan. Pack it down flat about >1 inch thick on the baking sheet.
- Bake for ~35-40 minutes when beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. When it is fully hardened into one giant chunk, break up into pieces 🙂