Happy Friday followers! I created this recipe because I recently tried the “Energii Bites” at Freshii and fell in love. I had to re-create them! I think based on my taste investigation as to what they use to create their bites… I came up with a recipe that tastes almost identical.
I added in some chia and flax meal for an additional fibre and healthy fat source. This is my favourite energy bite recipe I’ve created so far (…..that’s not chocolate). It’s a quick one bowl recipe to whip up… with no cooking (winning!). These bites are a great way to curb your cravings during an afternoon work day or fuel you through a weekend hike.
Ingredients (makes ~20 bites):
- 1 + 1/4 cup large flake oats
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 1 cup oats into a large mixing bowl. Begin to mix in the rest of the ingredients one at a time. Save the remaining 1/4 cup of oats and chocolate chips to mix in at the very end.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and store in the refrigerator.
- Store up to 5-7 days.
- Enjoy chilled!