Happy Belated Birthday to my amazzzzzing mother!!
We celebrated her 50th birthday with a Caramel Pecan Raw Vegan Cheesecake 🙂 … This was my first time making a raw cheesecake and it turned out soooo delicious and she loved it!
1 1/4 cup pecans, crushed
2/3 cup almond flour/meal
1 1/3 cup dates, mashed
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1. Put the dates in the microwave for 40 seconds with 2 tbsp of water. Mash when finished.
2. Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until you get a crumb consistency.
3. Make a crumb layer at the bottom of a spring form pan.
4. Put this into the freezer.
3/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Combine all these ingredients into a blender and blend.
2. Put this layer on top of the crumb layer and put back into the freezer.
The top layer I cheated! I melted caramels and combined it with melted dark chocolate chips (>70% cocoa) and crushed pecans. ENJOY!!! 🙂