Hi friends! Check out this Lemon Poppy Seed Bite recipe created by my friends at Genuine Health. I know I’ve preached about their amazing protein powder before….but I really wasn’t kidding. Also, I just tried their new chocolate protein powder. I shook it up with some almond milk….. and it was delicious just like that?! No need to add fillers and sweeteners. They sure know how to make great quality and tasty products.
- 1 scoop fermented vegan proteins+ vanilla (vanilla Genuine Health protein powder can be found at Bulk Barn and Nutrition House)
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1 lemon squeezed, and zest grated
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ c coconut flour
- ¼ c ground almonds (almond butter)
- ¼ c ground pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
1. Place almonds and pumpkin seeds in food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Place in separate bowl off to the side.
2. Add coconut flour, flax seed, fermented vegan proteins+ and lemon zest to food
3. processor and pulse quickly to thoroughly mix ingredients.
4. Add in maple syrup, lemon juice, almond butter and almond milk. Pulse until doughy texture is achieved.
5. Mix in ground almonds, ground pumpkin seeds, and poppy seeds by hand and roll into bite size portions.
6. In separate bowl combine coconut and poppy seeds. Roll each bite in mixture to coat as desired.
7. Makes approximately 1 dozen. They freeze well and taste great when thawed 🙂
I also calculated the nutrition facts on their recipe for you:
Per 1 serving (recipe makes 12):
Calories: 87 calories
2 thoughts on “Lemon Poppy Seed Bites by Genuine Health (No Bake)”
I see in your directions it says when to add almond butter but under the ingredients I don’t see almond butter listed?! Does this recipe include almond butter and if so, how much? Thanks!
The 1/4 cup ground almonds is almond butter 🙂