It’s not my birthday… or anyone’s birthday that I know of today… BUT cake batter never gets old. These little guys are a healthier swap for my favourite childhood activity….eating the raw cake batter.. AH!!! They are super easy to make and are no-bake.
Ingredients (makes ~16 protein balls):
- 2 1/2 scoops Genuine Health Vanilla Protein Powder (THIS brand gives it the real good cake batter flavour.. however you can use other vanilla protein powders as well.)
- 1 1/2 cup Unsweetened Silk Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp quick oats (I used Hilray Gluten-Free Oats)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter, softened
- 6 dates, pitted and mashed (microwave with 1 tbsp water for 40 seconds to soften and mash with a fork to make a paste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground sea salt (to taste)
- 2 packets of stevia (you can swap this for 1 tbsp honey)
- Add sprinkles as desired.
- Directions: Microwave the dates with 1 tbsp of water for 40 seconds to soften them. This will make it easier to mash them into a paste. When they are done and fully mashed, begin to combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl except the sprinkles. Once all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together, fold in the sprinkles. Roll into bite-sized balls and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Enjoy chilled! 🙂
Nutrition Information (per 1 bite sized ball): 70 calories per ball, 4g fat, 5g carbs, 4g protein
One thought on “Cake Batter Protein Bites (No-Bake)”
These look delectable! Cannot wait to give these a try. You are quite the culinary virtuoso.